10 things everyone should know about using the internet
- 127 Posts
- Age 34
1. Respect what other people are saying on social media, even if you do not agree with them.
2. You have the right to privacy - and so do others. It is not okay to log into other people’s accounts or to use their phones or profiles without their permission.
3. Don’t spread rumors or post/share hurtful or embarrassing stories or photos.Things that may seem funny can hurt someone.
4. Think twice before you click ‘send’ - especially if you’re upset or angry. Once you share a photo or a video it is hard to control what happens to it and who sees it.
5.You can change the privacy settings on your social media platforms to help you control who sees your information and photos.
6. Don't share personal information like your address, phone number or bank details.
7. Be careful when buying something online - only buy from trustworthy websites.
8. Be careful of anything that is free online - this could be a scam. Only download from websites that are trustworthy. Do a quick search to see if anyone has experienced this as a scam.
9. Remember even “free” downloads can cost you money because they use data/ airtime.
10. Don’t believe everything you read online the first time -
search for other trustworthy articles, websites or people to see
what they are saying.
If you have any other tips add them in the comments!